Fun and Productivity at October Meeting
Our October meeting fell on Halloween this year. Members had fun showing off their creative costumes. For example, you will probably recognize Sophie from Howl’s Moving Castle, but can you spot the little red house on the North Side?
Everyone in attendance received a magnet of our Syracuse Urbanism Club logo. More will be available at the next meeting.
Finally, Keven Race was approved as the interim Media Director.
New Speed Humps
The City of Syracuse is installing 11 new speed humps at the following locations:
· Allen Street (400 block)
· Buckingham Avenue (300, 400 and 500 block)
· Hawley Avenue (200, 300 and 400 block)
· Park Street (1600 and 1700 block)
· W Pleasant Avenue (100 and 300 block)
Tree Lighting and Ice Skating
More Syracuse News
Please stay up to date on infrastructure improvements throughout the city. The Syr.Gov site includes updates on Traffic and Infrastructure News, the Municipal Sidewalk Program, and Bicycle Infrastructure.
Call for Features
Would you like your organization, project, or event featured in the Syracuse Urbanism Club newsletter? Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
· 150-200 word description of your organization, project, or event.
· Picture or image you would like to accompany your feature.
· Deadline/special dates for projects and events.
· Contact person for any follow up questions.
Our meetings take place the last Tuesday of the month. Our next meeting is Tuesday, November 28, 2023. We will meet at Bank Alley Social Club at McCarthy Mercantile, 217 S Salina Street.
Sign up to have the Syracuse Urbanism Club monthly newsletter sent directly to your email: